| This article needs more examples
You can contribute to the wiki adding your own examples.
They're always smart.
They tend to be socially awkward.
They may be either super-slim, or more curvaceous.
But are they sexy?
- The infamous Mac vs. PC has the humorist John Hodgman playing a nerdy PC. No wonder that many people liked him better than Justin Long's hipster Mac.
- What about the UK version of PC, played by David Mitchell? No love for him?
Anime and MangaEdit
- The World God Only Knows ... Keima. Proof geeks do it better. This troper is surprised that he hasn't been mentioned here yet.
- Although he doesn't come off as one right away, Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist is very much a bad-ass bookworm who is very much at home in a library.
- Revenge of the Nerds has an off kilter example in that the nerd in question isn't exactly somone you would look at twice, but manages to get a hot cheerleader to dump her jock boyfriend because he's more...skilled and willing while the jock just used her as arm candy.
- "How are you so good at that?" "All jocks think about is sports. All nerds think about is sex."
- Eduardo (played by Andrew Garfield) in The Social Network.
- Peter Parker, played by the adorable Toby McGuire, in the Spider-Man movies.
Live Action TVEdit
- Simon from Misfits, to the point that his knowledge of geeky things often helps him figure out what's happening in each episode before the others.
- Arguably, Sam Winchester. He's supposed to be very intelligent and a bit of a bookworm.
- Willow was a computer geek when most of us didn't even know how to reset a computer. A bisexual computer geek into spanking.
- And Giles was both a Sexy Librarian and a Geek.
- Practically every single incarnation of the Doctor, though a sad number probably only know the Doctors of New!Who. Technobabble, Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, adorkable, just plain geeking out in some circumstances....
- In at least one episode of The Big Bang Theory, Leonard and Penny are sharing the afterglow, and she says, "You really ARE a genius!" His response, "Not really, I Googled how to do that."
- Will from The Inbetweeners. Those glasses, his immaculate school uniform, his habit of putting his foot in his mouth...
- Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series.
- Finding someone on That Guy With The Glasses who isn't a cute geek would make for a much shorter list.
- Linkara! The man is made of Geeky Turn Ons; extensive knowledge of comic books, likes Doctor Who, MST3K, Star Trek, and occasionally-obscure references, has glasses, wrote fanfiction, is an adorkable woobie, sings.... What isn't there to love!?
- Pushing Up Roses: She's like if regular Willow and Vampire Willow merged.
- The man himself, Doug Walker. Both in and out of character.
Beatrice Trudeau of Rockstar's Bully (Canis Canem Edit)
- Florence Ambrose from Freefall.
- Danny Fenton from Danny Phantom
- Twilight Sparkle in all of the fandom forms, including furry and humanized has this effect to many more...kinky members of the fanbase of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Invoked in the Third Equestria Girls movie.