People die, for whatever reason. Some die of natural causes, some get killed, some kill themselves, but still dead is dead. However, biology does not simply stop at death. Muscles control the retention of waste material in the bladder and rectum, and these muscles relax upon death. In addition, getting killed is often (quite understandably) a rather painful and traumatic experience, and the body prioritizes control of its other functions over keeping one from soiling oneself. As a result, it is not uncommon for a dead or dying person to release their bowels in their last moments.
Girls and women are far more likely to urinate and/or defecate in death, as females typically do so using gravity, while males have to use actual muscle movement to push waste out. In addition, females generally have a lower fear and pain threshold, and are therefore more likely to void themselves due to pain and terror prior to being killed.
The aversion of this trope is what usually constitutes fetish fuel i.e. a female (usually, but in some cases males) releasing her urine and feces as she is killed.
Anime and Manga Edit
- Averted in Blood-C, where beautiful, elegant Kanako is killed when an elder bairn tears her throat out, and her body is seen twitching and urinating as she lay on the ground dying.
- Referenced in Samurai X when Jin-E tries to kill Kaoru by paralyzing her lungs, stating that asphyxiation was an "ugly way to go", as Kaoru would salivate and soil herself as she died.
- Seiko in Corpse Party averts this as she is hanged to death. Naomi finds her struggling at the end of a rope and tries unsuccessfully to save her - she begins to urinate as she loses control of herself, and Naomi realizes she is too late when Seiko releases her bowels and falls still.
Fan Works Edit
- Averted in chapter 88 of the fallout 2 fanfic Travels of the Chosen One. Lara is shot in the face by Lo Pan, and as she lies on the ground dying, a nearby character sees "a dark wet stain spreading on the crotch of her red shorts". At the same time, semi-solid brown liquid dribbled out the inside of her thighs.
- In the Girls und Panzer fanfiction One Shot, the girls drive real tanks with live ammunition. As the girls are killed in battle, mentions are made of their urination and defecation as they died.
- In Hong Kong film Madam City Hunter, a man shoots a group of youngsters in front of May, who urinates in fear before she is also shot dead, and her urine can still be seen flowing down her thighs as she collapses. A detective examining the scene later notes that the other girl in the group had also soiled herself in death.
- In The Point of No Return, Maggie urinates after she is given a lethal injection.
- Averted in the live action movie for Nou Shou Sakuretsu Girl; girls who fail challenges are killed with a gun which destroys their brains, but leaves no external wounds. The gamemasters commented that though the gun didn't inflict external injuries, the girls still "made a mess" as they died as their bodies released their bowels.
- In the Russian film Sluga Gosudarev, a young woman woman urinates as she is hanged, and her urine can be seen running down her legs and dripping off her feet as she dies.