Hot pants, daisy dukes, bloomers....you name it, these shorts are short.
Usually female exclusive, some guys can wear these and look good in them, but it's usually female exclusive.
Short shorts like bloomers are worn as gym attire, and are commonly featured in anime as a type of fanservice, and in the West, the character Daisy Duke from The Dukes Of Hazzard had her name become synonymous with short shorts called "daisy dukes", which are really, really short jeans.
Short shorts are worn to draw attention to the legs and thighs, and really tight shorts usually do that and emphasize...certain areas, especially on men, though it can have the same effect on women, as really tight short shorts tend to draw out the contours of the pelvis for both genders.
Anime And Manga Edit
- The page picture is of Elizabeth Mably from the anime Freezing, wearing bloomers. It's from one of the OVA episodes where the whole female cast is wearing bloomers which an in universe deus ex machina removes, to their embarrassment (and the obvious pleasure of the guys nearby).
- These are the standard gym uniform for girls in Azumanga Daioh.
- About half of Isla Fisher's 5'3" stature is taken up by her stems, and just about every photo she poses for has her showing off every inch of them.
- In the movie version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Zooey Deschanel wears blue hot pants, argyle socks, a man's dress shirt, and big glasses, and also, her hair is up librarian style. Cue nerds everywhere drowning in their own drool.
Live Action TV Edit
- Daisy Duke mentioned above wore these on both the original show and the 2005 movie.